Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hike and Ride

We asked the kids what they wanted to do
and they came up with Hike to the "V" and touch it.
So we got in the car and headed up there.
I wasn't very smart and didn't bring enough water or
a backpack for Berklie. Actually I REALLY didn't think
the hike was as hard, uphill and long as I remember from
High School when we white washed the V.
But....they did awesome! No whining or complaining
came from any mouth, but mine!!
Showing our uphill trail

See our tiny car in the background
Almost there!!
ThEY maDe it!!
There is a gun range up there now so the road is blocked off.
(I knew there was an easier way)
We accidentally didn't see the DANGER signs so
we were able to use the road to walk back!
Skee decided that he would RUN down the hill to the car
and meet us at the bottom of the road.
On Monday (Labor Day) we went riding at Delle.
It will probably be our last of the year. :(
It was really packed with people so we left early, but
as always had a blast!!
There were dust devils all over the place they were
fun to watch.

3 comments:

Lara Vanhille said...

Looks like fun! Seriously you guys are always doing something fun! We can't wait to see you guys in NOvember!

Tammy said...

Sounds like V stands for Victory. Holy Cow that looks like it was straight uphill. Way to go!

Heather Jones said...

I remember that not being to bad of a hike also. Impressive they all did it. The dirt devil picture is cool. We need to invest in stuff to ride with you it sounds so fun.